Here I am!

I am a white, working-class, female, able-bodied waitress from New York. I have two BA's in Gender and Women's Studies and Political Psychology. I have had the privilege to travel all over the world from India to Canada. Some inspiration came to me recently to start a blog about my next adventure in Ecuador, so here it is!! Enjoy!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Growth


Growth

The brief pause
The pregnant silence from our rapid routine
A sweet retreat
Satisfying and simple
The copper sun rises and sets
No assistance necessary.
The abundant river nourishes
The umbilical cord of the Amazon
Drums of our feet
Mountains heart beat
I see there never was a choice
Between right and wrong
Only what is necessary
And what is not
We confess our loneliness
Our laborious self concealment
Secretive spirits waiting for their debut
As we reveal our faceless pains
Wash away our overdue stains
We are liberated from our pride and vain
Letting Pachamama in our veins
Swallow her spirit
Let her purity pour through me
Satisfied
Purified
Our halos of ammunition
And new religion of assurance
Our concept of capacity
Our resistance to risk
Our pungent pride
We exchange all this for nourishment
We awaken from the dream
End the trance
Transform

1 comment: