Here I am!

I am a white, working-class, female, able-bodied waitress from New York. I have two BA's in Gender and Women's Studies and Political Psychology. I have had the privilege to travel all over the world from India to Canada. Some inspiration came to me recently to start a blog about my next adventure in Ecuador, so here it is!! Enjoy!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Update!

Things in my life have been good here. I am now with 3 jobs...or 2 paying jobs and 1 volunteer gig. My 3rd job is working the mornings on Saturday and Sunday with a dog training company called Gresbur. There I do mostly administrative stuff, but I also get to play with the dogs as much as I want. I never thought that dog training would be such a fad here, but the class seems to grow every week!

I´m really looking forward to Sarah´s wedding. The time is just flying! I think now that I have found a steady rhythm here...or at least steady by MY standards, the weeks seem to pass without my noticing.

I spent this week running around getting supplies for the birth kits for the next Jungle Mama´s workshop which will be next week. Unfortunately I won´t be able to make it, but at least I know I am making a difference. And despite how frustrating it can be to argue for hours with people about prices and quantity and whatnot, I really like going out and doing the shopping for this. It´s strange that the one job I don´t get paid for is the one I feel the most passionate about. I wonder if that has anything to do with the psychology self-fulfillment theory...or whatever that was called.

Anyways, this week in Ecuador is Carnaval where everybody throws water and flour and eggs at each other. I´m not sure how I am going to like that considering I really hate having my hands dirty, but surely my next blog will be about that. That´s about it for now, things here have been pretty quiet and tranquil...and I am thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment